| The People Image Analysis (PIA) Consortium develops and distributes technologies that process images and videos to detect, track, and understand people's face, body, and activities. The areas of technology that the PIA Consortium focuses on include detection and tracking of humans, face recognition, facial expression analysis, gait analysis, and activity recognition. The goal of the Consortium is to develop a comprehensive set of imaging and processing tools, systems, or subsystems that work in the real-world environment.
The Consortium's full and associate members contribute funds to support researchers at the Robotics Institute of Carnegie Mellon University. In return, members receive the advanced research and development for PIA technologies, as well as the results of related publicly-funded research. Members also receive the benefit of participating in workshops, sending visiting scientists to conduct research at the Robotics Institute, recruiting graduates, and networking. The Member Agreement Form can be downloaded at : PIA Consortium Agreement (PDF).
|Directors:||Takeo Kanade and Martial Hebert|
|Coordinator:||Kris Kitani ( kkitani at cs.cmu.edu )|
- PIA Workshop 2015 was held on December 21, 2015.
- Visual odometry code released on June 18, 2015.
- ZFace Tracker code released on March 30, 2015.
- PIA Workshop 2014 was held on November 26, 2014.
- CMU_Surveillance Research Dataset was released. (11/1/2014)
- Source Code for Principal Nested Spheres for Shape Alignment was released for PIA members. (09/04/2014)
- Source code of "Experiments on Viewpoint Invariant Person Re-identification" was released for PIA members. (12/26/2013)
- CMU_Surveillance Research Dataset page was opened. (12/16/2013)
- PIA (People Image Analysis) Workshop 2013 will be held on Dec. 17, 2013. (11/21/2013)
- Cohn-Kanade (CK and CK+) database Download Site was opened. (08/10/2013)
- PAINFUL DATA Download Site was released. (08/10/2013)
- Hyperspectral Face Database was released. (06/13/2013)
- Correlation Filters for Object Alignment was uploaded. (06/13/2013)
- PIA Technical Report (Experiments on Viewpoint Invariant Person Re-identification) was uploaded to release page only for PIA members. (02/08/2013)
- Advanced CMU's Face Tracking Library was uploaded to release page only for PIA members. (11/30/2012)
- CMU's Face Tracking Library was uploaded to release page only for PIA members. (11/29/2012)
PIA and Affiliated Projects‡
Video Processing Techniques
Detecting,Tracking & Recognizing
Face and Facial Expression